Please print a copy of this form and then send completed form with payment to the ADS Honorary Treasurer in order for your application to be considered by the ADS Council (address shown on the form).
Download the membership application form (PDF 26KB)
ADS offers the following benefits to Full and Student Financial Members:-
- Newsletters and e-Bulletins.
- Special Society Reports.
- Discount on registration fees in attending the Annual Scientific Meeting including the conference proceedings
- Opportunity to participate and present at the Annual Scientific Meeting.
- The Society makes available a number of awards at the Annual Scientific Meeting. Applications are called for as part of the abstract submission process, and are judged at the ASM. These include: ADS Poster Awards, ADS Pincus Taft Junior Investigator Award and the ADS President's Junior Investigator Award.
- Travel Grants to attend the Annual Scientific Meetings for Junior Investigators (Must be a financial member for 12 months at the time of application).
- Opportunity for Advanced Trainees in Endocrinology to be invited and participate in the John R. Turtle Clinical Skills Training Course held annually following the Annual Scientific Meeting.
- ADS sponsor the annual Skip Martin Early Career Fellowship awarded for a one year grant to the amount of A$70,000 plus a travel allowance of up to A$5,000.
- The Kellion Foundation sponsor and ADS support the annual prestigious Kellion Award to an ADS member who has made an outstanding contribution in diabetes research, clinical or service areas in Australia. This award is an honorarium to the amount of A$5,000 including registration expenses in attending and presenting at the Annual Scientific Meeting
- Opportunity to apply for the ADS-Servier National Diabetes Strategy Grants in Memory of Barry Young offered annually.
- Opportunity to receive a DART Grant to the amount of A$60,000 sponsored by ADS.
- Participate in other research and educational activities and projects conducting by the Australian Diabetes Society.
ADS Membership for the 2011 period is from 01 July 2011 to 30 June 2012.
(Admission to membership at any stage during the year will still attract a full year subscription fee).
Criteria for Ordinary Membership:
Any medical graduate, scientist or health care professional interested in diabetes is eligible for membership.
Criteria for Scholars:
Applications for reduced rates (student) including signature and phone number of Supervisor is required for student members. A student is classified as a member who is involved studying (part time or full time) with an annual income limit of A$25,000.
Honorary and Life Members are not required to pay fees.
2011 ADS Full Member A$110.00
(includes $10.00 GST)
2011 ADS Student Member A$55.00
(includes $5.00 GST)
2011 ADS Full Member A$100.00
2011 ADS Student Member A$50.00